Hello Haman Huskies,
Welcome to Haman Elementary! I am excited that we are able to be together in the library this year! When you come to the library, we will read stories, do fun activities, and share our love of books! I am looking forward to our time together!
- Mrs. Pickard
Library Visits and Book Check-Out Details
All classes visit the library once per week
- 30 minutes for Kindergarten through 3rd grade
- 45 minutes for 4th and 5th graders
- Kindergarteners and 1st graders can check out one book a week
- 2nd-5th graders can check out up to two books a week
- Books can be renewed 2 times
- There are no late fees in elementary school, however, students may not check out a new book until the previous book(s) is returned.
- If a book is damaged or lost the student and parents are responsible for the paying for the book.
- All books and fees related to lost books are due the last week of school
About the Library
Library Media Assistant:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Haman Online Library Catalog
Click on the book stack to explore the online catalog.
Click below to learn how to access ebooks through Sora.
Britannica Log-In Instructions - from Chromebooks:
- Click "Sign In to Britannica"
- Choose "Sign in with Google"
- Enter Google account password (if needed)
- Enter ID and Password
- ID: santaclara
- Password: scusd
- Choose "Student"
- Click "Elementary" to be taken to the Britannica School Elementary site.
Book Level Wizard
- Newbery Award Winning Books
- Caldecott Award Winning Books
- California Young Reader Medal Award Winners
Books to Read Online
Haman Huskies love to read! There are many, wonderful and free resources available online. Here are some of our favorites! Enjoy reading!
- ABDO Digital Library
- Highlights for Kids!
- Storyline Online (Great books read aloud by famous actors!)
- esop: Ancient Fabler & Storyteller
- Aesop's Fables Retold & Illustrated for Children
- Beantime Stories
- Mighty Books
- Rebus Rhymes
- StoryPlace - in English & Spanish
- Children's Storybooks Story Nory
Library Policies and Procedures
Here are a few guidelines for students regarding book care and responsibility:
- Students are responsible for handling library books with care, since they are for everyone to share.
- Please keep books away from pets, food, all writing and coloring material, and all liquids.
- Any book damage should be reported to the library as soon as possible so we can attempt repairs.
- Library books may be kept for one week, then must be returned. A book may be renewed (2nd-5th grade only) if the student is not finished reading it. If a student does not return their book, they may not borrow another book until the overdue book is returned.
- If a book is lost or damaged, payment toward a replacement will be requested from the parents.
Santa Clara City Library
Can't find the book you are looking for in the Haman Library?
No username or password needed. Simply click 'Details' on the first banner, select 'Elementary Stream' and you'll be automatically logged in! Scroll down to see book list.